Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The Zen Cowboy

There is much to be said for having 'little'...to keep a zen space...free of clutter. Everything I own takes a shit in my house. If I don't clean up after it...the shit piles up. I realize I can choose to clean up shit, the rest of my life...or...I can quit collecting things that take a shit in my house. This astute observation came about, while packing for a move to our new home. I have just about killed myself packing useless objects. If they aren't useless, then, why do they just sit there and say "We don't give a shit." They don't help me to move them. They don't dust themselves or clean up after themselves. They don't respect my space. Maybe some of you know objects like this. Maybe some of you know people like this. If a thing takes a shit in your space but doesn't give a shit about your space...are you allowed to clean out the clutter one last time? There! Now...doesn't that feel better? Was it treasure or was it crap? What's worth more...something or nothing? You tell me. Actually, I found out the hard way. You don't need to tell me. If I see a 'snow globe' sauntering into our yard in New Mexico, I'm gonna say, really friendly like..."Howdy stranger...ain't seen you in these parts before...yeah you're cute, but we don't need no more shit, so get along on outa here, and you all...have a nice day! The end.


Written by Bruce James Clyde 2015

Art: Instant f u snow globe, credit unknown





No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly