Sunday, June 12, 2016

Orlando

What can one say? It's emotional. It's a day to mourn. This is the darkness we must walk through...the darkness in the hearts and minds of human kind. 

Whose guilty, the villain, who pulled the trigger, the religion, that exonerates the monster, the police, who did...nothing, the reveler's, who reveled, or the 'judge's', who said, in their minds..."it served them right, for reveling"? Maybe, one should say..."Who isn't guilty"? It's called 'Orlando' today. What will it be called, tomorrow? 

I'm sad, like you, beat down, like you...at my wits end, like you. Unlike you, I do not swim in the sea with sharks...I do not stand at a cliffs edge, daring the sky, to push me over...I do not text, while driving, or remove my mind from continual vigilance of my situation.

In the aftermath, I am depleted of hope, of faith in those commissioned to protect me, and angered, that this continues...as if planned, by all responsible parties. You know who you are.

I hope for this, that men and women, of goodwill...stay high, remain calm and watchful...that they give, that encouragement, that a good attitude brings...be high, for yourselves, and for your brothers, sisters, mates. In times of stress and tragedy, the strong remain above the drama, that drowns the rest in tears and anger. Look out for each other, and be kind to each other. Be prepared to lend a hand.

And, God...heal those remaining.


Written by Bruce James Clyde 2016, Deming, New Mexico

Photo Credit: Google


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly