Saturday, August 27, 2016

Greenmantle

For any who have an inclination toward a world hidden, a generous gaurdian, who watches for his own...I recommend Charles de Lint, Greenmantle. As it says on the cover of this book, he is a master of the modern urban folk tale. I have read this and other of his books, and something of it 'touches' a part of me that yearns. deLint's style of writing appeals to reader's, I would say...who are young at heart, and perhaps of mind. 

There is 'something' beyond the urban reaches of, so called, civilization. that calls to some of us. I hope you hear it too. A song, a sweet song...piping out there, from the woods and meadows and mountains...at the very edge of hearing. Here is a 'start' for you.

Written by Bruce James Clyde 2016, at Deming, New Mexico

Art: author Charles de Lint, Greenmantle



No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly