Monday, October 24, 2016

Something's Happening Here

Stopped at the red light in a two horse town today, and had a flashback. Oh, my god! I was 17 again. It was 1964. The 'hippie kids' were just becoming 'possessed', about that time. 'Beatlemania', was well on the way from Hamburg, and I was beginning to witness 'hippieisms' of the peace and love cult. By 66 I was an alum of the Vietnam war...via, the good old US Navy. That same year, Buffalo Springfield came out with a little thing...goes, "something's happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear".

I should say not...and not just about war, but what led up to 'peace and love', the counter culture, free love, Jesus freaks, LSD, and Mary Jane. Free minds and innocence were taken for a ride those years, and never got their cherry back. I was a boy from the hick sticks. I saw it all go down, but I didn't know what I was looking at. You know, get yourself a costume, and be a hippie too? Anybody but me, play that one? That was my take then, but even though...I sucked up, to get some 'sweet love'n', nobody left a 'brownie' on my pillow.

I wasn't invited to this hotel, or this revolution. I didn't know what I was looking at, or trying to take a taste of...until decades later. I'm still not sure what was in the kool aid, but luckily, I didn't swig enough of it to become what the hippies pretended to be against...capitalist pigs, and war mongers. The music went on. The dance never stopped, but the players got trashier, and meaner and began flashing hand signals, that rock and roller's just continued to scream to.

Supposed hippies started popping up in 'big money' enclaves, like Lake Oswego, Sedona, Arizona, Ashland, Oregon...flashing the big bucks, buying pretty properties and pretty people, and inaugurating 'liberal themes', that began...over the years, to seem, less communistic, and more fascist...in origin. That brings me back to...Hamburg. I tell you, man..."something's happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear." Can you dig it? I can't, and I will sure as hell, not be voting for it.

August, 1969...Woodstock, wood cock...whatever you want to call it, was put together by big money to make bigger money. It was a free for all of tits and 'hips' and leary dealings with mind expanding drugs of all kinds. Kids got laid. Bully! Kids got laid on morgue tables, too, and 'phoney hippies' got richer than god, and bought up the peace and love, and turned it into a liberal political party. Since then, nobody's been able to get close to the music, to see the stars, and freak'n Jesus shelf date expired years ago.

Now, Satan's running the show. Are you happy, hippy? We are just days away from a Presidential election. They want us to elect frauds, phony's and hypocrites. They say our vote counts. They say a lot of things, but every word is a lie. I want flowers and love, too...but not at the sacrifice of my country, of our world, so I say...get straight, and pronto. Wake up, sober up and smell the facism.

Whatever you do, I hope you look at reality, not through rose colored glasses, but as it truly is, cause it's here and it smells to high heaven, like a rat...to me.


Written by Bruce James Clyde 2016, at Deming, New Mexico

Art: Woodstock 1969




No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly