Thursday, April 6, 2017

Message In A Burn Barrel

I wonder, how many sons and daughters, blaming fathers for their absence, never questioned 'mom's contention', in a house of madness?

How many children took a side, only grieving, that 'their lives' were not as full, as could have been...had they had a father there?

I wonder, how many children searched, to find the fathers, they were missing from their lives? How many put up posters, for the missing and unclaimed...as they would have, even for a dog?

I wonder, if they really cared at all, because...other men and I were there, under bridges, at the burn barrels of despair...but, we never saw you there.

I wonder, a lot, about many things, that ruin peoples lives...that never find answers, as I freeze my ass out here.

Signed: Your father.


Written by Bruce James Clyde 2017, at Deming, New Mexico

Art: Homeless holiday, google pic



No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly