Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Peace Or Piece

This poem, I dedicate to Thich Nhat Hahn...Nobel Peace Prize recipient...and his endeavor toward World  Peace




I had made a sandwich...

for lunch...

our dogs began...

to follow me...

toward the stairway...

Miho my wife...

stopped me on the stairs...

to mention something...

about the great...

Vietnamese Buddhist Monk...

Thich Nhat Hahn...

his mission to create...

the peace within...

that will ignite...

the peace in the world...

my Abbey girl dog...

'sat pretty'...

just as pretty...

as she could...

I could hear her...

say quite well...

"I only know the piece...

of your sandwich daddy!...

Pleassssse!"...

Don't worry...

she had some bologna earlier...

It was Thich Nhat Hahn...

my wife...

and Abbey...

who helped me...

appreciate that moment...

of being human...

and canine...

on the stairway...


Written by Bruce James Clyde 2015

2 comments:

  1. I like this one a lot. Superbly written, and like most poems I like ; it makes you think

    ReplyDelete
  2. People like animals to be included in their thoughts...I do too

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly