Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Evening Angel

I wrote this for all of the poets and artists and lovers out there, whose posts and pictures, and beautiful meaningful sayings, inspire me to collect, to admire and mostly to share with others, their efforts...their voices...their unvoiced reaching's...to be understood..and desires to be hoped...for that impossible thing...yet not...that yearning to give and to receive love...however difficult it may be to express...or to believe can be...it has buried my own work...my own cry beneath their's...that's ok...


I am covered by you...

I am buried...

in your beauty...

I am smothered...

in your loving intentions...

and yet you never knew me...

how many of us...

know the other...

how many of us know...

outside the prison...

that we are...

beyond our soul...

to pity another...

to show mercy...

yet to share from...

the sake of isolation...

we indeed do know...

for this is...

who we are...

and without you...

we are no more...


Written by Bruce James Clyde 2015

Art: The Evening Angel, by Alexandre Cabanel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly