Monday, November 2, 2015

The Snowstorm

When I was a little boy...

dropped off at my bus stop...

in Alaska during a blizzard...

I stepped off that nice warm bus...

into a wind of frozen wrath...

and blinding snow about me...

I lost the path...

and fell face first...

in the smothering snow...

I was terrified...

then a strong hand reached down...

and pulled me up...

and there was my dads smiling face...

all my life that incident...

has been an allegory...

for my relationship...

with this world and my God...

my father in heaven...

still lifts me up...

when I am lost...

which is pretty much...

most of the time...

and I love him because of it...


Written by Bruce James Clyde 2015

Photo: Paperboy In A Snowstorm, on Geoff Nate's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly