Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Pacheco

I sit, alight, at night...between the stars, and wander mid the many mansions, counting sheep, goats, oxen in the pastured sky's, naming each, from year to year of lights trav'ling.

All of this, created he...from nothing, and he giveth me his gown, as a father passes down his claim, to a dear son. I understand, so much, now...I did not when I was young.

I hold the robe, and wrap it round, for it's growing cold...the midnight blue with dusted gold, of all the heaven. As the bright flames cackle, crackle of the fire glows, beneath the, still, leaf barren branches of the china berry trees...

I watch the cool moons move, her subtle changing. bringing on her golden child, a lost soul...looking for its stone, seeking its 'pacheco', its addiction...but it wasn't me.

As those lights drove away, the beast subsided barking, and her great head lay against my knee...we wondered, what would yet, come...from the moon waning.


Written by Bruce James Clyde 2017, at Deming, New Mexico

Art: Moon art, Pinterest

pacheco, informally means 'a stoner', or someone seeking drugs...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly