Friday, March 17, 2017

The Way It Is

There is a war, now, between husbands and wives, between father's and their children. There are contentious games played out in every home, between people and leaders of government. Merkel and Trump, are no different than an old married couple, bound to see things two different ways.

It can either go to 'screeching' and name calling or, to 'insolent silence' and hurt feelings. Either way, it is a partnership breaking down, because, at the midst of it...is a lying and contentious spirit. Until one admits, that this is so, the other will be guilty of anger...but not of contention.

Often times, partnership tests the bond and truth of love and fellowship. It tests the bond, weakened by bull headedness, obdurate wrong mindedness, and goals, that are secretive and 'side taking'. It is so, in my relationship, and there is no room to turn this thing around.

I love, but I cannot abide in contention...so I hold my piece, for I am not allowed opinion? Would that suit anyone? I don't think so. Thus, I reason against a lying spirit and a contentious one...and I stand my ground. In this battle, family have already taken sides.

The loser's will be my children, myself, my wife, our dogs...the happiness I know could exist...a splitting of sheets, of assets, of opinions, all because one must stand for a 'right' thing, while others work, viciously...for a 'wrong' thing.

It reduces us to tears and bitterness. It's simply, more nights in the doghouse. When a family can only 'glue' part of itself together, by side taking, circling the wagons...and performing a clandestine pogrom, on the one 'standing', it is time to groan in solitude and sadness, and live on the porch...with a flashlight, a warm jacket and a prayer.

I am a soldier, in a spiritual war. It is a subtle thing, and mean...and my family and my love for them...are at stake. They have been compromised, by unwise choice and blindness. So, I soldier on, winning a battle here and a foot of ground there...but, there are no fellow troops, and no one to ask advice or agreement of.

I know, beyond doubt...there are millions of you out there, trapped in this very same cage of damnation...asking god, and begging a family, to see reason...and express 'unconditional' love. I ask no sympathy, and expect no mercy.

It is simply, 'the way it is'. This world has chosen the wrong path, and I would take it too...for the sake of my family. But, the contention here, would not allow that grace, for it seeks something else...entirely. It seeks absolute subjugation, victory at any cost...and I cannot pay it. I will move against it, in any way I spiritually can...


Written by Bruce James Clyde 2017, at Deming, New Mexico

Art: destitute man, google pic


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly