Monday, August 31, 2015

Camino Real

The trail...

the path...

the road...

the hardway...

the journey...

the low way...

or no way...

I've taken them...

my way...

and his way...

and her way...

again...

and again...

and maybe...

perchance...

a smidgen...

quite possibly...

therap'ly speaking...

it drove me...

a little bit...

crazy...

but...

ok...

what matter...

you're daft...

as a hatter...

get over yourself...

and see...

we're all look'n...

for someth'n...

a nugget...

or dumpl'n...

or that...

that's substantially...

free...

as we stand...

at the end...

with our dick...

in our hand...

and no clue...

as to where...

it could be...

now there's...

the fine point...

as I roll up...

a joint...

of me own...

philoso'fay...

to critic'ly choose...

which way...

the lips...

o' the wind...

are blow'n today...

be nay amazed...

that I've played...

and paid...

for what...

I've pissed away...

for the man...

is a boy...

as he plays...

like a fool...

on...

the King's highway...


Written by Bruce James Clyde 2015

Photo: credit to Kurito Afsheen, Indonesian frog hitching ride on a snail


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly