Saturday, August 15, 2015

Serenity

Sweet serenity...she's a lady I knew...back when my heart was clear...of the memory of you...sweet serenity...will it ever be real...or just ancient history...of the way that I feel...

cause...I've begged you every day...and I've loved you every night...nothing's ever entirely sure...and your tearing apart my soul...it could be like you want it to...if you'd just love a little more...we could have what you're wishing for...it could come out ok...

Sweet serenity...I lost your number some time ago...I hear your voice...and it sounds so dear...your face...so close in my rear view mirror...just like a lovely ghost...that is always just out of touch...you know I love you so very much...will you ever return to me...

Sweet serenity...she's a lady I knew...back when my heart was pure...not a memory of you...Sweet serenity... will it ever be real...or just ancient history...of the way that I feel...


Written by Bruce James Clyde 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly