Wednesday, February 21, 2018

It's All In The Mind

What if, I wear 'a star' and you 'a cross'? Does mine mean 'yes', and yours, mean 'no'? Does mine, mean light? Does yours, mean dark? If yours, means right, does mine mean left...or is it meaningless, at that level?

Politics, persuasion, intimidation, manipulation, protection. If you wear a cross, what does it really, say you are, and if I a star, what does it really say...I am? Does it say, we are safe from each other? Does it say, that we are sisters or brothers?

Does it say, on either side, we love or do not love, one another? Does it mean, you cannot smile at me, nor I at you, or mean, that you must judge me, as a man...my taste, my choice, my jewelry? Does it mean, I cannot be myself?

What does it mean, in your mind?...because, 'It's all in the mind'...no where else.

Alas...


Written by Bruce James Clyde, at Deming, New Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly