Wednesday, February 21, 2018

The Guy With The Motorcycle

Human nature, at surface, is predictable...but, even at that, 'it's strange'. I am a moderately intelligent man, and a person can sit and have 'a conversation', with me, actually. So, my neighbor and I, strike up a conversation. The first paragraph, out of his mouth was, " Who is your friend, with the motorcycle? Nice motorcycle!"

The fact is, I only met the man with the motorcycle recently, and he's only dropped by once...and will never, again, more than likely. This neighbor, who has lived next to me, for a couple months, was so busy 'humping' the idea of the other guys motorcycle, that...I could have 'hit him with a brick', and it wouldn't have brought back his attention.

More and more, I realize, 'we are what we want'. I want little. I've had the ride of my life, the experiences of my life, and I'm not 'wanting', too much. This guy, has a brand new three quarter ton pickup, a brand new 35 foot fifth wheel trailer...with slide outs, a big ass home, somewhere, in cold cowboy country...and he wants the guys motor.

He does't care, a fig for a neighbor, or a friend. He's still 'acquiring', and I am not on his radar of being worth anything.

To true...


Written by Bruce James Clyde, at Deming, New Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly