Friday, February 24, 2017

The Sorting

I hope we learn to love one another, but I never believed love was 'Valentines Day'. It is but a tinsel, covering the notion, that sex and chocolate, make up for what we are missing and have not given. It is a sad reminder of this 'flocked and empty waste' we call a holiday.

I do not understand the ethic of cheap chocolate, stuffed with high fructose, in a red box...and calling it 'love'. It is anything but that. In fact, it is 'ill intention', in a bow...to you, my poor and tawdry 'valentine'. It is simply, that I didn't have the time, or take the time...but here's a symbol of the way I 'really' feel.


Now, why don't we get along? I don't know, though every time I look at you...reminds me of our 'sticky' bond, and no clean 'get away'. We should see others more, but I know...you would rather lie...and pound down, this 'heart shaped grudge' from year to year...yummm!

I love this world, and the creatures in it. I cannot give you chocolate. I can only give time, and have invited you to share...whatever we can. But time is short, and you are burning...to be ended. May God sort you out.



Written by Bruce James Clyde 2017, at Deming, New Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly