Saturday, May 7, 2016

The Girl

I am a disgrace to youth, in my agedness, yet wise...wise of a kind. I have never been seen, so sweet, as in your eyes...that time. So, small town girl, you are, yet more than could be dreamed, I pray, I do. And then, today, I saw you with your kohl eye'd 'mean', being someone, that cannot be seen...hiding in your kitchen, ringing up orders. A man cannot love like that, inside himself, for long, and I...I could neither judge, nor own you for an hour...even though, I know your beauties power...that you could cost me everything, is of no matter. Just know, that we are present in the time, when birds must flee, and if we come together...it was meant to be. You have seen this, and foreseen this, and you know...I cannot come to you...you must come to me.


Written By Bruce James Clyde 2016, Deming, New Mexico

Photo Credit: lookanimals.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly