Sunday, May 22, 2016

"We'll Just Keep Beeping You"

A brilliant movie, filled our silver screen tonight...'Trumbo'. by name. A flock of great actors, Bryan Cranston, Helen Mirren, Diane Lane, John Goodman, and many many other stellar performances. If any movie ever blew the lid off a poison vile of 'witch hunting'...this one surely did. Why, it reminded me, more than anything, of the 'black listing' performed, with such enthusiasm on social websites, where 'lock step' is the methodism of ignorance. If you can't beat them, just ignore them...they'll go away. But as the movie made plain...it didn't work in Hollywood or the not so, hallowed halls of Congress, and in the long run...it wont work on Internet, where the first amendment is, supposedly, assured, but I assure you...it is not. I hope we might kindly listen to one another, in a civilized fashion. It isn't really difficult. I have stepped out of my shadow...step out of yours...come forth Lazarus, and lose the shades. Whatever is said on Internet...stays on Internet. You know that. I'm not ashamed. I use no false persona, no cryptic moniker, to tell my truths. So, why the whiteout, or blackout of all comment? The truth hurts? I know it does...I've felt the sting enough. I am here to commune-icate, not communist-icate, or fascist-assturbate, or pontificate, and certainly, not to occult-ivate, any of the high brow senselesstivities. Let the festivities begin...let a new guy in. Christ! My foot is killing me, wedged in your door. Open sesami. Hey! This is poetry...poets cant hear me? Yoohooooooo, anyone there? Oh, is this just faux poe? Guess you're on the throne...er...phone...that's ok. I'll just wait here.


Written By Bruce James Clyde 2016,  Deming, New Mexico

Photo Credit: postcrescent,com, flip phone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly