Thursday, May 12, 2016

The Wild Ride

I have dreams of flight,

from a backward fall,

I rise upright,

and fly without a broom,

I see my enemies down below,

in the countryside,

as I fly across the moon...

fling sticks and stones

to bring me down...

people I've known,

since the early days at school...

I don't know why

this thing was given to me,

but it's true.

Only the first few flights,

ungainly...balanced wrong,

like riding a bike,

I get the right of the thing,

as I walk in the sky.

 A gentleman asked,

"how fast do you fly?"

 Well, I wasn't that surprised,

 he knew..."Quite fast."

 I confessed, at last,

"a bit over three hundred miles an hour...

I guess",

as we chatted there

at a Big Sur breakfast bar.

So, I'm telling you,

cause I don't give a shit

if you know.

Get it off my chest.

 Stay off my ass.

We are no surprise,

 to the wisher's and wise...

to the real healers in our world,

who watch us walk

and wish us luck.

On a morning not so long ago,

a man was seen racing,

down icy road,

of early morning light,

six inches above the snow...

bolt upright,

to stares of two

who were there

and watched him go.

I am ready, you know...

to go,

but only heaven knows

when... 'll be done here.


Written By Bruce James Clyde 2016,  Deming, New Mexico

Photo Credit: pinterest.com, cloud diving


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly