Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Those I love

Wiley, Wiley coyote, remember how you used to try to turn my face into the shape of your fist...how many years you tried, made me walk the halls of our school ashamed, every day, the one most likely to die...yet, I live...had me walk on pins and needles...now...I can walk on water...almost.

Rick...remember at Rocky Lake...going out in boats with the old Johnson and Evinrude motors...remember, the old English bike with no brakes...we broke our balls on...remember, the back of the lake...first spring skinny dippin...brrrrr!

Jerry, Ricky's little bro...how much fun we poked at you, cause we were too damned dumb not too, and how you just shook it off, cause...you loved us so...and how sweet a man you turned into, and it makes me cry...and wish I'd been kinder.

Jimmy, remember the boat ramp you pulled me over...I flew through the sky, right up that ramp...nearly died...while mom and dad had a few beers with your mom and dad...I couldn't swim Jimmy, but you didn't know cause I was lucky and didn't fall in.

Victor, remember...that icy hill at the old school...me going up, you going down...we crashed into, neither of our noses ever the same...there after...I'm sorry Victor, we weren't better friends, but I loved you well and enjoyed those school day games of anti over.

Judy, my first school teachers little bratty daughter...you pants't me out there on the stones in front of the whole school, a little boys first sexual encounter...remember...how could I hate you...I can't forget you, and never will...I love you Judy and hope you're doing well.

Burton...of the long sad face...Burton... the bus would turn to Willow, pick you up and we would share the miles together...remember how you told me "Never lie!" and I thought you'd break my face...do you realize...you are largely responsible...for being my angel...and making me the honest man I am...I love you Burton.

Mike, Michael...remember how my folks spent half their time in your folks bar...and you, your sis and I and my sis, played to every hour on the docks or boating on the water, or skating on the ice...what happened Mike...last time I saw you...something changed...something hurt you...you never said, but it made me love you so...I hope that you're alright.

George...the geographer's son...Georgie Porgee...some called you...of course...remember our sleep over, we had so much fun...you were a quiet lad...much like your father, smarter than most...I miss you my  friend...hope life was kind...are you a teacher...bet you're a good one.

Shirley...you from an Oklahoma dust bowl family...I pitching hay with your dad and brothers...hard family...rightfully earned respect...from me...and I can't forget you Shirley...of the long neck...and unruly red hair...hope lives ahead turn out so right for you.

Shirley...oh, quite another Shirley entirely...you  stuck that pricking pencil right in me...the teacher pretended not to see...it hurt so good...left lead in my blood line, probably to this day...all because, I said...hello...oh...you unforgettable Shirley, how could I ever let you go...but I will find a way...take care.

Billy of the secret teachings...and Paul of  the love of fire cracker's...and John of the Red Tailed Hawk...and Dean of the 4 beers to drunk...mortician...and Rick of the door I should have taken...dear lover and experimenter of a joyous time...and all the ones since...that have knocked me down...or picked me up...to teach me things...I love you all so much...and hope we meet again.

To mom and dad, who bore me, beat me, cured me...and hoped a bear might eat me...it never happened...I still can't sing or play like Elvis...nor can I slice and dice in a high paid Surgeon way...for your 'complete dissapointment'...went another way...truer to his heart...to soldier for a greater thing, and win...some day...I love you...and I love you all.


Written by Bruce James Clyde 2015

Photo: of Big Lake, Alaska








No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly