Saturday, September 19, 2015

Sonoran Night

I guess you might call this 'feeling out loud'...it is what I sense and what is in my heart tonight...and I share it with  you...B.C.




A night so rare...

a night of talking wind...

of floral breeze...

from who knows where...

across the desert of Sonora...

straight to me...

my nose knows...

as my mothers nose knew...

ten thousand miles away...

a million years ago...

or more...

the moon...

a crescent quarter...

in the western darkness...

scudding sails of clouds...

across her luminary smile...

ground swirrels...

ground squirrels...

messengers of tiny stone dust...

leaves papers dancing...

to a tune perhaps...

Don Juan himself...

is quietly whistling...

smiling under stars...

the Yaqui sorcerer...

and I think...

upon a friend... 

god handed me...

so very far away...

and yet so near...

a friend I hope will stay...

for something's in the air...

and mystery...

and family...

a small green mantis...

near the back porch door...

prays so too...

for a rose that will survive...

two dogs all clean...

and washed today...

now dried...

from shaking on the rug...

and love...

sweet love I'm thinking of...

entirely...

Written by Bruce James Clyde 2015

Photo: Milky Way In Sonoran Desert, by Bob Wick

2 comments:

  1. It's almost like an acknowledgement of the things that can't be explained; a homage to the mystical elements of the universe. Brilliantly worded

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend ten thousand miles away, and yet so near...

      Delete

Printfriendly