Wednesday, September 30, 2015

The Binding of Merlin and His True Love

I never know...exactly what to say...I keep it tamped...way down...for you...I know...you're working on it...I am too...I know...you know I care...that little fire...there that warms...the flint's been struck...the kindling's caught...I sit back...the forest...there and wait...for you...

I know...you will decide...there's nothing...I can do...now it's up to you...someday...you will arrive...a dream...love realized...an answer...to a prayer...I know...that you are there...it really...can't be said...it cannot be denied...every word is true...I'm only loving you...and cannot...tell you why...something deep...inside of me...

Just wanted...you to know...the embers...that I hold...could set...the sky afire...this love...this love...it isn't of...this world...and yet we are...we are...and even if...we are confused...we know...that something...other than ourselves...this sorcery we share...has brought it forth...this love gone down...from ages past...has come at last...

And when...we're ready...it will take us...we will spin...and we will dance...and we will cry...and we will...know a joy...that cannot...be described...in simple human...terms except to say...I love you...I love you...I love you...in every...way there is...and we will kiss...and we will live...and we will die...

And we will change...to something greater...than one life...can ever be...and on that day...that changing...that is wrought...by loving's wound...will bind us...in the circle...of consent...two angels one...forever...this I wish...for you...that thou be happy...and when one...we fly at last...at last I pray...that whole...we have become...may never be undone...in any way...


Written by Bruce James Clyde 2015

Art: Merlin Painting Arthur's Shield, by Gustave Dore






No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly