Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Majesty

The majesty of mountains...is they're there...unlike friends who seldom are... if ever...friends would be majestic more often... if friends they were, I mean...and that is the axiom to which...mountains cling...that strong...that solid...that majestic...have you ever yearned for that...that kind of friend...


I have and do...and continue to pursue...such a diminishing phantasm...there to the east...at the vanishing point...always ahead, that great light...that is you...and though the road is long and I am weary...you are walking my way...and some day we will meet...it is kismet...and this journey is to be our debt...

From the days of cold...I come, drowned of ice...to have melted into tears...whose dominion...now...is heat, across such barren waste...nor would one spit...to quench the thirst, yet...watch my progress...as a jackal to the prey...that's just the way it is...and as another day goes down...I pray...a finish to this thing...at last...

It has been...a long road...a story to have taken every turn...it has been eloquent and sad and lonely, yet...a soul upon his journey...passed this way...as all should know...for they...alas...will trod this highway too...someday...


Written by Bruce James Clyde 2015

Art: Fallout New Vegas, artist presently unknown






No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly