Monday, September 7, 2015

Sloshing

Perhaps, at this juncture, I should explain a facet of myself, a character development, others may not fully "grok".

The poetry you will read at this site, if you  are so kind, seems serious, and it is. However, nature endows we men, with a flaw, and mine is humor. I cannot separate myself from this flaw, nor do I wish to.

 This seeming imperfection is the worth in my gem. Call me a moss agate, if that's ok, or a lost agate, or a diamond in the rough, anything but an unnaturally appearing 'perfect' jewel, all spun and faceted and faux-to edited. In nature everything is...NATURAL...as I imagine Jim Carrey might put it.

It is sad to note, some people have no humor, therefore, they have no flaw, no butt crack, no butt hole, nor button holes, and it is better to be flogged than flawed to their mind...have we all dealt with perfect people?

This being said, I have often been left 'hanging out', as the dirty sock at a 'perfect' party. But, here's the good news. I don't do parties, anyway. Instead, I purchase my own chips, dips and shit's crackers and have a real good time.

 You will find we kind in greeting card isles at chain stores, laughing hysterically, or off in the discount toy section, trying out whoopee cushions. You will find us being fools, but never cool, and, you will find  us doing needle point humor in our poetry. It might even be a picture of you, warts and all...


I love people really. Taken with a grain of salt, they're quite tastey, but am no humanitarian, nor vegetarian, nor aryan, nor breath aryan, nor KKKarion, attempting to make the world a more 'perfect' place, for them...

I just want to live, and, I want the world to go on, and I want to laugh and love and run naked and not be regarded as a freak for doing it. I want you all to love and hug and live with me...but it takes a special flaw, for that to happen. We must forgive each other, and we must look at and laugh at our selves...We are funny people, beautiful and funny and flawed...see you in the hot tub. Lose some weight...no sloshing:-)


Written by Bruce James Clyde 2015

Art: The Youth of Bacchus, by William Adolph Bouguereau 1825-1905

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly