Sunday, November 12, 2017

Keep The Castles

I lingered in moor than one 'castle keep', and I can tell thee...they be cold drafty theengs...draught's of wind street doon the greet halls, withoot a 'pardon we'!


We ailed in the 'arts of they stones, noor were theer a bed fer boons, boot straw! That eesn't ta see, theer woosn't a dee, or nacht as weel, wheere a boody woosn't theer fer me..at ah.

Namaste



Written by Bruce James Clyde, at Deming, New Mexico

Translation:

I lingered in more than one 'castle keep, and I can tell thee...they be cold drafty things...draught's of wind straight down the great halls, without a 'pardon we'!

We ailed in the hearts of the stones, nor were there a bed for bones, but straw! That isn't to say, there wasn't a day, or night as well, where a body
wasn't there for me...at all.


P.S. Tis harder to swing a Scottish brogue(and that's just one), than to swing a 'claymore'!(Scottish two edged broadsword).



Art: gateway to Dumbarton castle, Scotland, google pic



No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly