Wednesday, December 21, 2016

'My Place'

End of next year, I'll have fourteen bottles, on the bar...fourteen bottles of prime booze, unopened, virgin. Unused. I don't drink. Used too. Always said, I'd have a bar. Now, I got one. 'My Place'. Kinda catchy name.

Wife is watching my dream, encroach on her china cabinet, but all things, being equal...I got a right. Says it right there, in the Constitution, somewhere, in the 14th amendment...having to do with the rights, of former slaves, I believe. Maybe 'belief' is all I got, beside the 14 bottles, I'll have.

I like to watch, the pretty glints of light...shine off them, through them...in the middle of the night, the spirits of the realm. 'A bottle in front o' me, or a frontal lobotomy', I heard him say, all those years ago. Now, I know why.

One a month. Got a Scotch, a tequila, next month a gin, February's a rum. March is a good 'port', from the wind blow'n in, then, an amaretto, for the 'A' in April, and a Brandy, for the 'M', in May. It don't have to make sense, anyway.

Just keep fill'n 'er up, till the following January. As, 'the chickens shit in the yard', I'll build the bar. I'll have my place...no 'closing hour', play'n, when I want to play...on my old 'geetar'. Spirit's welcome, be polite...God's my bouncer!


Written by Bruce James Clyde 2016, at Deming, New mexico

Art: liquor bar, wonderandwellness.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly