Saturday, December 24, 2016

My Wife

My wife makes, the sweetest pies, pastries, breads...I have ever had the good fortune to taste. She always wanted to be a good cook and baker, and over the years, we have been together...she has studied and practiced, from her great collection of recipe's, and she has become, what she set out to be. But, she's not just good. She's great! 

She makes the meals in our house, taste so good...I have to watch my weight. Now, our daughter, Hana, attends 'the chef', and she is no slouch either. She is twelve and a half years old, and she makes cakes, and pies with mom...from scratch. She can make the best 'Shepherd's Pie', and when we compliment her, she complains..."I'm just 'Hana girl!" I'm proud of 'my girls', my wife and my daughter. Us guys, can boil water, burn a bannock...heat a weenie, and we both can make and survive, our own breakfast...but, the ladies, in our house...are amazing good cooks. 

We are so blessed, to have 'good women', to help us along. A picture of my wife's apple pie, she made this morning, is included below. It's spiced with cinnamon, and other good stuff. There are cookies everywhere, of all kinds. Miho, my wife, does this. She gets 'in the mood', and does a cook off. She uses everything in her kitchen, and I do the dishes. Not as often, as I should, but I do them. 

I hope, you guys, value your help mates, as I do mine, and I hope you all, experience a joyous Christmas, that only a happy family can bring. Hope, you look to the good. Don't forget to help her 'clean up', the mess. She works hard as you do. Very often, harder. From our house, to yours...Merry Christmas!


Written by Bruce James Clyde 2016, at Deming, New Mexico

Art: My wife's spiced Apple pie.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly