Sunday, December 4, 2016

The Swill

Swill: noun
  1. 1.
    kitchen refuse and scraps of waste food mixed with water for feeding to pigs.
    synonyms:pigswill, mash, slops, scraps, refuse, scourings, leftovers; 
    archaichogwash
    "swill for the pigs"


There are 'belief systems', and there are 'believers'. The one, may be far from synonymous with the other. We all 'believe'...in something. Many, these days, believe in 'believing nothing'. One might call these, 'open minded', but they are not, for their 'anti belief', has hard edges, past which, no ray of light, or possibility...may pass. Their non belief is 'fixated', and finished, in self certainty. 

Then, there are, the exceptions, to this sort, and you might call these 'wait and seer's'. I like these people, because, they seem rather, 'studied', and honest...and 'possible'. So, in every case, there are 'possibles', and 'reactionary's'. I would say, I am 'homogeneous' and perhaps 'porous' in my belief's. It was never my choice to 'paint myself into' rooms, traps, or situations. Beliefs can certainly be that, in a 'New York minute'. 

The edges of my 'belief matrix', are malleable, able and well suited, to accept a part...or, in some rare instances, ALL the hogwash, someone else offers...of their 'will set', until I am fully baptized in their 'swill'. So, call me 'naive'. I drank the 'kool-aid', a couple of times, in my life. What that did, beside, 'gagging me', further on...was to steep me in experience, like a teabag, or a pot roast...in a slow cooker. 

But then, there are limits, and my 'welcome mat', is also a 'trap door', through which, a purveyor of manipulative, 'horse shit'...may plummet, in an instant. A human 'will', is given birth, in the cauldron of, 'naivety meeting reality'. I don't know how many times, my eyes have rolled back in my head, or I have 'groaned', over the 'lying audacity', of other humans. Damn! 

Along that path to 'identity', ego, and ultimately...absorption, into a kind of 'god realization', the human will, 'works out', and becomes a muscular...'god will'. There are few of those, thankfully, at present...because most, have not, quite 'wrangled' ego yet. 

All of these 'wills', about, upon, and within the world DO push against one another. They push. They insist! They go into raging fits of determination, to 'have their way', and if they can 'call' enough, other 'kool aid' drinkers into their 'sheep fold', they start a movement, that over runs, and decimates, other wills and other belief systems. These are not 'God'. These are unruly adversaries, of 'the malleable', the possible. 

These are 'the swill'. They abide, in their, so called, 'sacred havens'...of all belief systems. None of these 'systems', are remotely, exempt...from 'playing god'. I believe, God leaves a door 'open', to possibility, even to acceptability, but not to 'rush', the house of heaven, with human pride, perversion, and detritus of lies. One at a time, straight is the way...narrow is the path that leads to salvation. Remember that? That was a good line. I believe that.

"Knock", it says. "Knock, and the door will be opened". You wont break down this door, or 'this will', with a bad attitude or a bludgeoning tool. You wont change, the 'fact of the matter'. It just is as it is, and has always been...free for all, to believe...as they will. But...DON'T shove it down another's craw.


Written by Bruce James Clyde 2016, at Deming, New Mexico

Art: google pic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly