Tuesday, December 20, 2016

The Coil

I lay, in a Queen's chamber, atop a great bed. Four, insubstantial walls surrounding me, as I lay me down my head. The hour, were dark...so dark, and quietly. I saw 'the coil', alight...as I always have. 

It spun, and spun, and writhed about, there above my sight, like a great highway, for me to take, in the middle of the night. I lay upon the coverlet, utterly alive...me arms outstretched, as the coil stayed, fastened to the stars. 

Then, it began to notice me...and turn, it did, slowly, slowly...out it's coils, scales, to a saurian thing, a great gold dragon...guilt of phosph'rous fires, in the ebon air, about. It had me then, in its eyes...I saw...stoop't down, that great maw...saw, and so fierce teeth, of a heavenly beast...as it stared inside me. 

It made no sound, yet did convey a presence there, and I, the prey...it reared its head in a mighty way and flang its tail around...then, again, stood down to peer at the small man, on the bed, all there about's, in a room, no bigger than a box...a monster, out the universe...I knew, belonged with me. 

Then, it reared it's head, one, mighty more time and backed away...among the stars of the back dropped dusts of a milky way, and it was gone...just fade away. *But a'night, if aie wah, it is ahway theer, a glitter'n coil o' gauld'n feer, me awn gaerd dawg...o' heev'n beyoon, oos heer, sant bae Gawd. Tha' tis ah aie knoo...uhn, aie em glaed.


Written by Bruce James Clyde 2016, at Deming, New Mexico

Art: Golden Dragon, google art
*But, at night, if I want, it is always there, a glittering coil, of golden fire, my own guard dog...of heaven beyond, is here, sent by God. That is all I know...and I am glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printfriendly